Important komvention reminders
Dear Woinkom America,
Weekend Greetings to you all and congratulations to all our graduates for this year. The date for our annual komvention rendezvous is fast approaching. As we are all aware, the 2017 Komvention is hosted by our Washington DC chapter from June 15 - 18 2017. This year's Convention promises to be more than any Konvention in the history of our organization. As we make finishing touches to our final preparations for this cultural extravaganza, permit the leadership team remind you of the following:
- Hotel Room Reservation. The dateline to benefit from the group discount rate has again been exceptionally extended from May 25th 2017 to May 31st 2017. You can continue to reserve your rooms by calling the hotel directly at 301-459-1000 and mentioning our group name AFO-A-KOM USA or via bestwestern.com with group ID # U47XF4P8. A valid credit card that will be authorized for the first night is required to confirm a room reservation. The rooms are fast filling up and as of today, close to 150 rooms with double beds have been reserved. Again, the discount group rate is 99.99 plus tax. Do not forget that the DC metropolitan area is ever busy and hotel rooms can be quite expensive at regular rates. Let's do our reservations before it becomes too late. Any booking after the last day of this month shall be at the current rate. If you have any problems making your reservation, do not hesitate to contact the convention organizing chair via his cell phone at 623-205-4600.
Annual Registration & Komvention Dues: We should not forget to pay our national dues of 100 dollars and our convention dues of 100 dollars. We can make our payments to our respective chapter financial teams or directly to our national treasurer via Venmo or through PayPal in our website at http://www.Afoakomusa.org.
Tickets and Special invitations: the convention tickets and special invitations have been released . The tickets for the Komnamites launching on Thursday are going for 20:00; Friday cultural evening tickets for 20 dollars; and the Saturday red carpet event tickets are going for 50 dollars. We appreciate those who have already picked up some of these and pray that each and everyone does the same. We are ready to mail them to you. Please let's help sell these tickets and send out the special invitations to raise funds for our projects.
Raffle Tickets: we still have many unsold 2 dollars raffle tickets each of which could win a TV or laptop . How many have you sold? We need to sell all of them as part of fundraising. We greatly appreciate all those of us who have been fully involved in the sell of these raffle tickets.
Childcare: We are making arrangement to hire the services of a babysitter to take care of our children during the convention. For details, contact the DC chapter president or the DC Chapter president via his number listed at the bottom of this email.
Cultural Display: the cultural evening on Friday shall all be about our culture. Let's all try to contribute towards showcasing the uniqueness and distinctiveness of Kom Culture by practicing the various dances to be presented that evening.Let's not also forget to get our traditional regalia ready for the cultural evening.
- Komnamites Launching: Be ready for the launching of this our "baby" group in a red carpet event on Thursday June 15, 2017. This is our most recently formed vibrant group led by our able Bobe Bangha Genesis Song. Be ready to meet these Young Kom Adults. They constitute a force to reckon with.
- Air Tickets and Airports: let's book our tickets early. The earlier we book them, the cheaper they will be. The three airports that serve the DC metropolitan area include: Washington Dulles International Airport; Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) ; and Reagan National Airport.
Our Website: Our website www.afoakomusa.org is up and running. Feel free to visit and explore it as it provides other details about our 2017 Komvention. We can also pay our 20 dollars for the bus tour scheduled for the morning of Friday May 16, 2017. The bus tour shall be immediately followed by a brief ecumenical service to launch the Komvention.
THE 2017 KOMVENTION PROMISES TO BE A FUN-FILLED OCCASION. DO NOT AFFORD TO MISS IT
- Contacts: for all questions, requests, clarifications, and directives about the convention, contact
- Nawain Rosemary Kiffa- +1 (832) 661-6977
- Bobe Paul 6478716061
- Dr. Chiangeh - 203 243-4099
- Nawain Bernice 410935-5299
- Dr. Tawa 240-988-0995
- Bobe Etienne: 240-701-1767
- Bobe James: 240-644-8032
- Nawain Justin: 301-466-5882
- Bobe Womei: 623-205-4600
- N. Eucheria: 256-261-4016
SEE YOU ALL IN 27 DAYS